Clinton Grove Cemetery was founded in 1855 by a group of prominent citizens from Macomb County as a non-profit, non-sectarian association. It was, and still is, run by a board of directors elected by owners of spaces; people who have a personal interest in the cemetery. Clinton Grove Cemetery, which is listed in the National Register of Historic Places, has a landscape adorned with flush-to-the-ground, upright and large estate monuments along with large and small personal mausoleums. Clinton Grove continues to be an active and prosperous cemetery that spans fifty acres of beautifully treed grounds with room for future expansion that will serve the community and surrounding areas for years to come.
As Clinton Grove is a Non-Profit Association all proceeds from the sales of merchandise are reinvested back into the cemetery to maintain and preserve the beauty of the park for future generations.